Tuesday, July 18, 2006



It really is hard to peruse things at your leisure when you are in downtown Los Angeles. There always seems to be someone ready to get in your business or in your face. I was wandering through an unpaved alley when I encountered a monstrosity of a television set that had been discarded in the dirt. It was huge. To my knowledge gigantic TVs of this particular style just became popular within the past few years. It seemed odd that this one was broken already, particularly since it even looked new. Maybe it's not so strange, but it seemed that way at the moment. It occurred to me that the Sony TV I've had since the 1980s is still fully functional and providing entertainment at a friend's office. I kept meandering down the alley and saw two more discarded TVs. One of them was an old set probably made during the Carter administration, and the other appeared to be the exact same model as my old Sony TV. That was kind of weird and I was superstitious enough to take its presence as some kind of sign. I stopped to take a closer look and then noticed a van with a hopeful-looking driver headed towards me. Presumably this was another creepy dude who was expecting that I was a hooker. Women walking alone in this area are always assumed to be hookers. I started walking again and headed out of the alley as the leering guy slowed down to speak to me...


What happened next? How did I end up with a fist slamming full-force into my face? Come inside my Playhouse to find out now!

- XXOO Tanya

No comments: