Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Good evening,
I returned yesterday morning from the Amazon. The scenery was amazing and I have many stories to tell. Of course I realize that other people's vacation "adventures" are usually really boring to hear about so I won't even really get into it.
Yesterday on the Playhouse bulletin board I did mention a few airlines based in South America that you may well wish to avoid if you are planning to travel anywhere in that region. Then again, maybe more seasoned world travellers than myself would not even bat an eye if part of the interior ceiling of the plane fell off in the middle of the journey. I did notice, however, that I was not the only nervous passenger boarding a particular flight when the pilot came stumbling down the gangway reeking of cologne and tripping over people's carry-on bags. I found myself hoping that he might have access to a big, fat line of Colombian cocaine to snort off his steering wheel before beginning our voyage into the air. A mere cup of coffee would not have even begun to sober that man up.
Ironically, that particular airline had a profoundly limited offering of liquor available to passengers: Campari or the cheapest brand of Scotch known to man. Perhaps the good captain had to get tanked before the flight because he knew it would be his last chance for decent liquor for at least a good 11 hours.
Anyways, I had a great trip but am happy to be home. I noticed the Playhouse bulletin board was very active while I was gone, and there were a few well-deserved cracks made about my lovely makeup in recent Photos o' the Day. The ones with the dark red vampire lipstick were taken at some point in the nineties, and I'm pretty darned sure that shade was not even fashionable then.
Have a great evening!!-- XXOO Tanya

No comments: