Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Good morning,

I sent a bunch of photos to Iraq in the past week and received a very nice e-mail back from the soldier who had requested them for himself and his fellow soldiers. Part of it reads:


" I included a couple pictures of life in Baghdad as
part of my own propaganda campaign on behalf of the
80% of Iraqis who are moderate. I included the one
where soldiers are trading bootleg DVDs just cause I
think it is funny. Hollywood doesn't support the
soldier and we're over here learning not to support
Hollywood.

Thank you so much. And if you need anything past
October, let me know."

--Mark


I was going to post some of the pix he sent here, but most of them feature children so I realized that it may be inappropriate to post them on an adult site. In any case the photos are very touching as they feature Iraqi children interacting with our US troops and smiling for their cameras.

It seems that every bit of correspondence I've had with our troops in the Middle East suggests that our media is doing an extremely poor job of reporting the situation there as it really is.

-- XXOO Tanya

No comments: