Friday, July 29, 2005

Good afternoon,

How can it be determined if one is fit to wear the Everton jersey? You might assume that anyone has the constitution to be an Everton fan. Au contraire...

Months ago, during the pinnacle of the Everton season, 36DD Devon Michaels strode into my apartment wearing an Everton jersey of dubious origin, probably a knockoff. I was eager to get going to the lone Irish pub in our neighborhood that was broadcasting the game at 3AM that morning so I didn't bother asking any questions. Right before we were about to depart Devon said: "Rudi Voller and Didi Hamann are part of the Everton team, right?"

The unthinkable question hung in the air until I was overcome with the need to engage in acts of physical violence. You might be wondering what Everton represents and why the mere mention of Rudy Voller and Didi Hamann inflamed my senses. Go to Google and run all the pertinent names. Trust me, Devon's unfortunate query more than warranted a merciless beatdown. The graphic photos are available for your perusal in my Playhouse right now.


-- XXOO Tanya

No comments: