Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Early Years - #3




Viewing old photos often transports me back to the date and time in which they were shot. I gaze at them and remember where I was at that moment and recall what was going on in my life. These photos disturb me. I have absolutely no recollection of who shot them and when it happened. It appears that I had chosen to dye my hair a peculiar shade of strawberry blonde during this juncture of my life and that I was also making a big effort to keep myself in shape. I really wish that my body looked the same way right now. It is only my sloth that is preventing it from happening. However, I am really glad that I do not have that bizarre orange-colored hair any longer. Good grief. What was I thinking? Was I so busy at the gym that I failed to notice the carrot-hued locks framing my fat face? Who knows. The memories are lost to me. Maybe I will recover them someday or perhaps I am repressing them for good reason. In any case, I can spot only one solid clue contained in the pics. On my right hand I am wearing a ring given to me by a con man in 1999. By 2000 I had unloaded it at a pawn shop. These photos have appeared in a lot of magazine layouts. Presumably the photographer was selling them very cheaply because they have been reprinted numerous times in such periodicals as Gent, Stacked, D-cup, and more. Times have certainly changed. I doubt that most, or perhaps any, of the newsstand versions of those magazines even exist any longer.

I will be adding the entire The Early Years #3 gallery to my Members' Area tomorrow!


XO Tanya





***

No comments: