Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Good evening! This week's new update is in the members' section. It is more explicit than usual. I hope you all like it! Also, for all members: I have been posting more stuff on the bulletin board in the Playhouse. I'm not sure how many of you go there now, so I wanted to make sure you checked it once in a while.
Recently I've received a few e-mails asking what videos and magazines I'm in right now. Jim Holliday's video "Sorority Sex Kittens #6" has just been released by VCA. I am in a hot scene with the VERY, VERY sexy and beautiful Monica Mayhem. We shot it out in the desert near California City, and the temperature must have been over 100 degrees. Although I have not seen it yet I'm also on the cover of the June 2003 Hustler's "Leg World." I was wearing a gorgeous pair of silky, sheer Cuban-heel stockings for all you hosiery lovers. Ladi, the photographer who shot it, is one of my favorite people to work with. Next week he'll be shooting me again for a two-girl layout with Mary Carey, (www.marycarey.com), another person I LOVE to be paired up with. She and I have done sex scenes for High Society, Rain Productions, and Big Top. It should be a really, really fun day and I'm looking forward to it. And, believe me, I don't gush about people I don't like. I don't even pretend.
That brings to mind a conversation I had yesterday. I was shooting with Jim Martin for his site, www.bondagebyrequest.com, and we were discussing other photographers that we both know. I was speaking freely about some bad experiences at shoots, and about some photographers that I can't stand. He and I agreed that one photographer was particularly heinous, and he mentioned that he'd said the same thing to another model. She despised the same man, but cautioned Jim that he should keep his opinions to himself around other people in the business.
A lot of people seem to have the same sentiment that she does. I, on the other hand, defame people with abandon. Wild abandon. If I work with someone and they behave inappropriately during the shoot, three things will happen: 1. I'll pack up my stuff to go. 2. They will pay me for the day. The District Attorney and the Labor Board will be on my side if they don't. 3. I am going to tell EVERYONE what they did.
There's a wide degree of latitude in regards to what is acceptable on an adult set. Off-color jokes and sexual innuendoes are commonplace and rarely upset anyone. There are some photgraphers, though, who go beyond the normal joking banter. They should not be putting their hands on the models, asking for lap dances in the middle of the shoot, or pulling out their private parts when no one asked them to. Not surprisingly, it's the same guys who pull the same stunts over and over. It annoys me that quite often there's a cloak of secrecy that semi-protects them. The models are afraid to say anything. If they do, they often preface their statement with: "Don't tell anyone that I was the one who told you this, but...." Sometimes it's as if they feel that they did something wrong. Maybe the photographer got way too handsy and the model was afraid to stand up to him. Things went way farther than she wanted, she left feeling terrible about herself, and then didn't want to tell anyone about the incident. Granted, it is the model's responsibility to demand respectful treatment, but a lot of these photographers are good at preying on vulnerable young women. They have tons of experience at being lecherous perverts and have honed their manipulative techniques for years longer than some of the models have even been alive.
I feel it is my duty to spread the word about those idiots. It's not just gossip-mongering, it's a strike back at those weasels. There's nothing that I say about them to other people that I wouldn't say right to their faces. I probably already have. It's good to have the opportunity to warn other women about who they need to watch out for.
One more thing: these guys never behave badly just once. If they did it to me, they have definitely done it on other occasions.
It's not just in the modelling world that this happens either. People often remain silent to protect others that they know are slime. Maybe they are afraid of repercussions. They shouln't be. In the end, the truth has power.

No comments: