Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Good morning,

I was just listening to the radio and heard a bit of Pres. Bush's statement as he was criticizing Cindy Sheehan's peace demonstration. Cindy Sheehan is of course one of the mothers who lost a child in the Iraq war. The snippet I heard of Bush's words was that he "understood the anguish" of Cindy Sheehan.

Oh, really?

His two daughters are not fighting in Iraq and neither of them is dead. Pres. Bush never went to war and presumably his kids aren't going either.

I have a huge amount of respect for our military and am tearful when I think of their daily valor in this time of war. It troubles me that I, nor any other civilian, will never truly understand the trauma of our troops. None of my family or friends are fighting so I also cannot fathom the fear of the numerous families who wait and hope for their loved ones to come home. Pres. Bush can't either and it's offensive to hear him say that he understands the pain of a parent whose child will never come home.


-- XXOO Tanya

No comments: