Sunday, October 26, 2003

Good evening,
I was just discussing Las Vegas with Joanne my webmaster. I think I may have said:

"I H-A-A-A-A-A-T-E Vegas. HAAAAAAATE it. People ask me if I'm a hooker when I'm walking around minding my own business. Vegas is the capital of disrespect. That's how I define it. It's built on greed and loss, and in recent years it's become the vacation destination of choice for people who can't handle their alcohol and drugs. I don't care who they are before they get there, but they descend to the level of the lowest common denominator when they arrive. Yuck, yuck, yuck."

Yep, I think that's what I said. Unfortunately Vegas has also become the destination of choice for many small adult production companies because Nevada has a much more hospitable business environment for small companies than California. For instance: if you operate a home business in California you can write off the square footage of space your desk occupies when you do your taxes. But not if you use that room for anything else. In Nevada you can write off a very sizable portion of your mortgage payment if you have a home business. AND.......there's no state income tax. There are many other financial advantages as well. Lots of adult companies are relocating to Vegas. They tend to set up shop near the Las Vegas Strip because it's fairly close to the airport and many of the best strip clubs, so they have an easy time getting models.
All right. My rant is over. I have to get it out of my system every time I have a trip to Vegas approaching. I'll be much better when I get home. -- XXOO Tanya

No comments: