Saturday, May 01, 2004

Hello,

I am sitting here working on the computer and listening to the radio. It is really bothering me to hear various political figures and members of the press denouncing and condemning US and British soldiers for their treatment of prisoners of war. Should our troops be abusing their prisoners? No, of course not, but we are at WAR.

I've never been to war so I'm talking out my ass but, still, common sense and emotion tells me that it would be impossible for our military to completely refrain from tormenting those enemies responsible for the deaths and wounding of fellow soldiers.

Would I want to be subjected to inhumane treatment if I were a prisoner of war? Of course not, but I would probably feel lucky if I was only beaten or ridiculed.

Yes, tough talk from someone who is sitting in the comfort of her own home. I do always feel unworthy of commenting on the plight of soldiers at war. However, I wanted to post this because I feel SO STRONGLY that our troops should NOT be excoriated in the media for these acts which must be inevitable in wartime.

My thoughts and prayers are with all the Allied troops serving our countries in this war. I think most Americans are with me on that. God Bless all of you.

-- XXOO Tanya

No comments: