Saturday, January 17, 2004

Good morning,
I received the following in my e-mail this morning. It was an e-mail originally sent to the terrific and entertaining Tanya Scorpion Girl Yahoo group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Scorpion-Girl/). I believe it was in response to my Dr. Laura post of Jan. 15. Then again, maybe it wasn't. In any case it arrived in an e-mail from the group that also included the Dr. Laura post.
     



--- Duke of Deception wrote:
Just goes to show how religion is just a way leaders
and people with hidden agendas to use divinity to
control the actions of weak minded people. What ever
happened to the golden rule?
"Treat others as you would have them treat you"
As long as you live by that creed it doesn't matter
where your faith lies.


I think it became "He who has the gold, makes the
rules!" --


I am in total agreement with the Duke of Deception regarding his sentiments. I will say though that, although I am not an adherent to any form of it, organized religion has probably brought inspiration, hope, and comfort into many people's lives so I don't want to totally blast it. Those are the people, incidentally, who use religion to genuinely attempt to better themselves and their world. The ones who bug me are the hypocrites who spout religious ideology and then treat others with no consideration or respect whatsoever.

-- XXOO Tanya



      

No comments: